This cocktail was inspired by Nepalese tea houses; they’re not just a place to enjoy a cup of chai, they’re a place to find shelter, share stories and build community. The irresistible flavors of chai and vanilla are always crowd pleasers, and paired with the velvety texture signature to traditional sours, make this cocktail perfect for enjoying on a cold winter’s night.
2oz liquid gold whiskey
1oz lemon juice
1 egg white
- Method Fill an Old Fashioned glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients, then shake for 30 seconds without ice to froth the egg white and fully mix the ingredients.
- Add ice, then shake until well chilled, around 20-30 seconds. Do not over shake, as the drink might lose its froth.
- Strain cocktail into the prepared Old Fashioned glass and serve.
Vanilla Chai Concentrate (yield: 12oz)
0.5 cup of freshly grated ginger
0.5 tsp of turmeric powder
2 cups of white sugar
- Boil water in a small pot. Add sugar, ginger, and turmeric powder. Stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Lower temperature to a medium high heat, and stir for 5-10 minutes to extract flavors from ginger to your desired level of spice.
- Strain to remove the grated ginger, then bottle and refrigerate.
- Use within 4 weeks; shake gently before use.